Have you thought about cohabitation? Are you doing so to ‘test it out’ to see if marriage will work? Are you doing it to save on rent? A few months ago we posted some advice from Pastor Jim regarding living together before marriage where he lists many reasons why cohabitation is not a good idea – for both Christians and non-Christians.
In a related piece, the Daily Broadcast focused on Christian singles and this very topic. Lisa Anderson of Boundless was in the studio to discuss Cohabitation – living together before marriage.
We encourage you to watch the full video below, but here are some highlights of the interview:
- As high as 60% of single people cohabit;
- Many are ‘testing the idea of marriage’;
- Millennials have a very high view of marriage – unlike the “Boomer” generation;
- Millennials want to “do marriage right” and thus many live together beforehand to test it out;
- For singles looking to save money on rent, there are other options – as outlined in the video by Lisa.
The video also mentions some statistics regarding cohabitation:
- higher rates of domestic violence;
- higher rates of divorce;
- higher likelihood of staying in bad relationships.
We encourage you to view the entire interview – and feel free to share and comment below.
0 comments on “Cohabitation: Why You Should Not” Add yours →