Love quotes for Christian singles who want to express exactly what true love really means to them. We present the best love quotes we found in the Bible, as as well as in the secular world. We hope these help you express how love has (or can) touch(ed) your heart and soul. Enjoy!
When love fills our heart, we can have a hard time being able to truly show how we feel, and describe that amazing feeling of being loved. And, what love means. With that in mind, we went to our main source (the Scriptures, of course!) on how we should love. We collected some verses that show what love really is and what it should be.
If you know of any other love quotes that we missed or you’d like to share your special quotes about love, please add them to the comments below, so others can be inspired (and maybe even share their love for others). Don’t be shy! Find true love is just the beginning of a wonderful journey.
Love Quotes For Christians
- 1 John 4:19 “We love because He first loved us.”
- St. Francis “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.”
- “I love you to the moon and back”
- 1 Peter 4:8 “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”
- Helen Keller “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.”
- “Only love can move mountains, can break barriers, and can fix a broken heart. Love conquers all.”
- “We can love because God loves us first. He is the only source of love and happiness. He is a perfect example of a true love.”
“We love because He first loved us”
- Romans 12:9 “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.”
- Anne Rice “The most radical thing about a conversion to God is the determination to love, to really love in His name.”
- John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.”
- Mother Teresa of Calcutta “We can do no great things; only small things with great love.”
- “Real love is can be cultivated further with a pinch of faith, dash of honesty, an ounce of trust and a handful of loyalty.”
- “Only you can give me that feeling”
- 1 John 4:8 “Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.”
- Billy Graham “God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, ‘I love you.’”
“You will always be my love until I die.”
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-5: “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.”
- “Take care of my heart, I’ve left it with you”.
- St. Clare of Assisi “Love God, serve God; everything is in that.”
- Matthew 22:37 “Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”
“You will always be my love until I die”
- Les Miserables “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.”
“Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.”
- C.S. Lewis “Where love is, God is”
- “I’m Yours”.
- Hugh Black “Only God can fully satisfy the hungry heart of man.”
- Augustine “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us”
- “All I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.”
- “True love comes once in a lifetime. Only God knows when you’re ready for it. It is a matter of perfect timing under right circumstances.”
- Dwight L. Moody “Faith makes all things possible… love makes all things easy.”
- “Love begins when you learned to love unconditionally. Love doesn’t come with a price. It’s the most precious gift from above.”
- “Real love has the purest intentions of all the other kinds of love.”
- Augustine “What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has eyes to see misery and want. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men. That is what love looks like.”
- “Where there is love, there is no darkness.”
- “I Love You”
“All I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer”
Have we missed your favorite quote? If so, please let us know!
Enjoy the great feeling of being loved and in love and don’t forget to let your loved ones know that “We love because He first loved us.”
For some more Christian quotes, please see C.S.Lewis Christian Quotes.